Wednesday, October 28, 2015

53 and counting and the up's and downs of life.

Last night we went to Tinkers Son Tavern again, this time to celebrate my upcoming fifty-third birthday. Lots of great friends and family showed up, and we ate, drank, and enjoyed people that we love.


It was open mic night so Patty, Dave and I played a set. My friend Scotty asked me to play with him during his set, and my silly sons dragged me up for another (drunken) set 🎸. What a great time we had!
I don't think I had to buy my own beer all night.




So Patty's mum is not doing well. She's been in Milton Hospital for about a week and we know we'll be saying goodbye to Virginia very soon. She's eighty-eightish and has been ready to go home to be with her husband Clayton again.




It's a funny thing, hoping that someone you love will die soon.

3 comments: